...plus great crochet tips, tricks, and articles. We will never share your email. Unsubscribe at any time.
Hey everyone! I'm Kathy with ELK Studio and what an honor it is for me to host a Crochet-Along with Furls. I know we will have a blast crocheting the Shangri-la Sunhat!
I've made several summer hats over the years and thought why not again? The Shangri-la Sunhat is not only an elegant hat but can really provide you protection from the sun if you need it.
One part of my designs of the sunhats that I love the most is the brim. I use millinery wire to help hold the brim in place. Don't worry if you've never used it. I have a tutorial that will help to guide you all the way, plus I'll definitely be hanging out in the Furls group to answer your questions.
Here's what you'll need to get ready for the CAL!
1. Yarn – Omega Sinfonia, #2 Sport Weight, 100% mercerized cotton, 218 yards, 100 grams, 1 skein of each colorway: #861 Sand and #869 Gold
2. Hook – Furls Odyssey E/3.5mm, F/3.75mm
3. Tapestry Needle for weaving in ends
4. Millinery wire – 1.5 yards
5. Joiner to attach the ends of the millinery wire
6. Pliers to secure the joiner
Join our exclusive CAL Facebook group, Fun with Furls and Favorite this pattern on Ravelry to stay up to date
Gauge: Approximately 19½ hdc sts and 13½ rows = 4”
Sizes: Small: 22” (Medium: 23”, Large: 24”)
Part one of the Shangri-la Sunhat will be released on Monday July 17, 2017. Be sure to add this pattern to your Ravelry favorites to keep track of all release dates and links.