Cre8tion Crochet and Furls Fiberarts are so excited to be working together on this new project, but we need your help.
Our shawl doesn't have a name, it's sad... it needs to be made happy again by getting named by one of our fans.
Everyone who submits a name for this asymmetrical triangle shawl will be entered to win the yarn needed to make it.
This shawl is designed by Lorene Eppolite of Cre8tion Crochet. It features sport weight yarn custom dyed by Oink Pigments. It was created using two different size Candy Shop hooks from Furls Fiberarts.
The CAL will officially begin on Monday September 19, 2016. Below you can find out all the details you will need to join us for this fun CAL.
The CAL will take place over two parts. In part one we will complete most of the body and in week two we will finish up the body and work on the lacy edging.
You are free to make your shawl in any colors you like. Oink Pigments have put together 5 neutrals and 5 bright pops of color for you to choose from in a kit. To get a look similar to ours, you will choose 2 skeins of your main color and 1 skein of your contrast color. We used 2 skeins of Zoot Soot Riot and 1 skein of Kernel Mustard. Order your yarn HERE. Use coupon code 'OINKFURLS' at checkout to receive 15% off.
You can also pick 3 skeins of any color(s) of sport weight yarn that you like from their ready to ship store. If you'd prefer any of their other custom colors, you are free to order them, but since they are custom dyed and shipped, they can take up to three weeks for delivery.
This CAL has a fun twist. You will have a chance to win one of three gift certificates you can redeem for amazing Furls tools and accessories. All you have to do is take a picture of your finished shawl and upload it to the Furls blog (details coming soon). We will then open up voting, to all of our fans, and the top three chosen designs will win a Furls Fiberarts Gift Certificate. 1st place will receive a $150 gift certificate, 2nd place will receive $100 and 3rd place will get $50, to spend in the Furls shop, any way you like.
Let's get started with what you will need to complete the very first Furls CAL...
* Furls Candy Shop hooks in 6.0mm Green Apple and 5.0mm Strawberry
* Oink Pigments Sport Weight 100% Superwash Merino Yarn in your choice of colors.
Please pick 2 skeins of your Main Color (MC) and 1 skein of your Contrast Color (CC).
Sample is made using Zoot Soot Riot and Kernel Mustard.
* Stitch Marker (1)
* Small embroidery needle for weaving in your ends
Coming Next Week...
Check back on the Furls blog next week, September 12, 2016 to watch a fun interview between Harrison of Furls Fiberarts and Lorene of Cre8tion Crochet. We will also be announcing the name of our shawl and the winner of our contest. We will also be sharing more pictures of this fun new design.
Let's begin, submit your name choice below...
- You must submit your name choice in the Rafflecopeter contest above to be eligible. Comments left below will not be accepted.
- Contest is valid Monday September 05, 2016 at 12am/midnight EST through Sunday September 11, 2016 at 11:59pm EST.
- The winner will be announced on Monday, September 12th, on the Furls blog.
- By entering our contest to name the shawl for the Furls September CAL you are entering to win 3 skeins of yarn from Oink Pigments.
- The winner is not based on the name chosen. Everyone who suggests a name will be entered to win.
A special thanks to Oink Pigments for co-sponsoring this CAL.